Tuesday 6 May 2014

Bedroom Decor

I thought I would give a bit of a tour around my room because I finally have the vanity chair I've always wanted! My lovely boss seems to have the same taste as me, she had a spare vanity chair that she gave me and I'm in love with it. 

As you will be able to tell I am a huge fan of soft pinks, so everything I bring home to decorate seems to be in pale pinks and I also have a soft spot for pastel blue. How my room is decorated now is exactly what I wanted when I was a young girl. I always wanted to be a ballerina and so I had dreamed of having a room decorated in pink and white with a ballerina border, back when they were all the rage.

It looks like I might be either moving rooms or moving to a new place in a month so I wanted to take these pictures to have an idea of how I set everything out because I have the memory of a goldfish!

All I need now to finish my room is a new bed frame and I will have all the pieces I've always wanted. I don't have the $$$ to spend big on one so I'm eyeing off the cream metal bed frame from Ikea.

Everything in my room has a story behind it and I have some amazing people in my life who have gifted me some of my treasures!



I found my dressing table on gumtree for an amazing price. I've always wanted a dressing table with skirting, it's so feminine.


My gorgeous 60's wardrobe and I have somehow managed to fit all my dresses, coats and skirts inside it.


 The label from the bottom of my vanity chair










My good friend found this little vanity mirror and brush set at an opshop for me. They have some gorgeous sets on etsy as well.


I have this weird row of little shelves across my wall so I filled each one with a theme and it feels like they are all little shop displays. At the back are some of my favourite perfumes!

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks so neat and beautiful!
    That dressing table is divine, reminds me of the Old Hollywood era.

    x

    http://sixtiestwist.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete